How long can I lend a medium?
Who is allowed to use the library and who is allowed to check out?
How do I order something by interlibrary loan?
What can I order by interlibrary loan?
How long does it take until the order is available for me?
I'd like to suggest the purchase of a book. What do I have to do?
In which way will I be informed, that the book I have suggested is available for me? And will I be able to borrow it immediately after arrival?
Special conditions on books may be offered to participants in conferences. Am I allowed to buy relevant literature for the GEOMAR Library?
How and where can I search for journals?
How can I suggest a journal for purchase?
How can I get access to online-journals?
Where can I check, if the latest journal edition is already in stock?
What are my possibilities, if the article I'm looking for isn't available at the GEOMAR Library?
What do I have to do to make sure my publications will be added to OceanRep, the publication database of GEOMAR?
How do I add a link on my personal homepage to my list of publications?
How do I add a link on my research divisions' webside to our publications?
How can I find out, if a journal is listed in "ISI"?
How will I know the "Impact-Factor" of a journal?
What is GLORIA?
Library Leadership Team:
Tel: +49 431 600-1562
Tel: +49 431 600-2508
Library West Shore:
Tel: +49 431 600-1562
Düsternbrooker Weg 20
Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 18:00 h
Library East Shore:
Tel: +49 431 600-2505/08
Wischhofstr. 1-3, Geb. 8a
Mon - Thu: 9:00-12:30 + 13:00-16:00 h
Fri: 09:00-12:30 + 13:00-15:00 h
- GLORIA GEOMAR Search Engine (GEOMAR Library Ocean Research Information Access)
- Online Catalogue (OPAC) + Borrowers´account of the GEOMAR Library
- Online Journals (EZB) of the GEOMAR Library - partly Full Text!
- Web of Science
- JCR (Journal Citation Report / Impact Factor)
- Database informationsystem (DBIS)
- FishBase (a global information system with all you ever wanted to know about fishes)
- GeoRef and other important databases
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.”