Research Submersible JAGO
Projects Submersible JAGO
International research activities with more than 1300 dives in North- and Baltic Sea, North- and South Atlantic, West- and South Pacific, Mediterranean, Indian Ocean, Red and Black Sea, numerous fresh water lakes.
JAGO is used worldwide by scientists and engineers of different fields like marine biology, microbiology, biogeochemistry, geology, and palaeo-oceanography.
Please, address requests for usage to khissmann(at)geomar.de
07.06. - 29.06.2016 Spitsbergen / Norway
- FS MARIA S. MERIAN MSM55
- Chief scientist: Max Wisshak - Senckenberg am Meer
- Location: Mosselbukta North-Spitsbergen und Bjørnøy-Banken South-Spitsbergen
- Objectives: ARCA - Arctic Carbonates - Habitat characteristics and carbonate cycling of macrophyte-supported polar carbonate factories (Svalbard - coralline red algae)
04.02. - 15.02.2016 Canary Islands / Spain
- FS POSEIDON POS494
- Chief scientist: Dietrich Lange and Mark Hannington GEOMAR Kiel
- Location: El Hierro / Canary Islands (Spain)
- Objectives: Investigations at the 2011/2012 formed underwater volcano off south El Hierro