Research-oriented Standards on Gender Equality
- GEOMAR undertakes to sustainably promote women.
- When awarding free positions, it will not deviate from the principle of selecting the best; however, when assessing the achievements of male and female applicants,the burdens of family duties shall be taken into account.
- The objective is to achieve gender parity when appointing members to all of the Institute's committees.
- All of the scientific positions in the basic budget (incl. post-doc positions) shall be advertised; possible exceptions in individual cases are defined in Appendix 1 (Staffing Requirements).
- Vacancies shall also be published on specific Internet portals; scientific positions shall be published in German and English.
- Those people responsible for advertising a scientific position in the basic budget, incl. post-doc positions, shall give the Board of Directors the names of three female scientists with the relevant qualifications who would be eligible for the advertised position.
- The number of female scientists with a post-doctoral degree shall be suitably taken into account when allocating the Institute's budget funds.