Dr.rer.nat. Alexandra Marki
PostDoc with the Research Unit Biogeochemical Modelling
Tel.: +49 431 600-4270
Fax: +49 431 600-4469
GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel
Düsternbrooker Weg 20
- phytoplankton and microbial community structure
- ecophysiology of plankton
- food web succession in mesocosms
- optimality based modelling
Education and Employment
- 07/2012 - 01/2016 PhD candidate at GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel, Germany, PhD-Thesis: "Model based analysis of plankton responses to variations in nutrient stoichiometry in oxygen minimum zones"; Project SFB 754
- 2007 – 2009 Laurea Specialistica in Biological Monitoring Sciences and Technologies (Biology) at the University of Genoa; title of thesis "Studies of factors involved in the development of 3-D-cell-models of Porifera"
- 2004 – 2008 Laurea in Biological Sciences (Curriculum Ecophysiology) at the University of Genoa; title of Thesis "Techniques for maintenance of the marine sponge Chondrosia reniformis (Nardo 1847) in aquarium and phragmorphes in petri dishes for cell culture"
- 1997-1999 Courses in Biology and Earth Science at the Leopold-Franzens-University of Innsbruck
- 1997 "Studienberechtigungsprüfung" (Biology and Earth Science)