Dynamics of the Ocean Floor
Projects funded by the DFG (German Research Foundation):
- DOKU-GAS: Fluid flow in the Don-Kuban deep-sea fan (Black Sea) and deduced fluid venting at mud volcanoes and cold seeps; project period: 01.11.2011-31.12.2014
- ISOLDE: Electromagnetic, gravimetric and seismic measurements to investigate the Tristan da Cunha hot spot and its role in the opening of the South Atlantic Ocean; project period: 01.11.2010 - 31.06.2013
- ELCONA: On/offshore deep electrical conductivity structure to investigate the Walvis Ridge magmatism and its interaction with the Kaoko Mobile Belt in northern Namibia; project period: 01.01.2009-31.12.2011
- TYRRHENIS: TYRRENIan sea Seismic experiment on continental break-up and structure of conjugated rifted margins; project period: 01.01.2010-31.12.2012
- TOPOMED: Plate re-organization in the western Mediterranean: Lithospheric causes and topographic consequences; Individualprojekt IP1-GE Ocean-bottom seismology in the Alboran Sea / Gibraltar Arc
Projects funded by BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research):
- NEMESYS: Variabilität von submarinen Gasaustritten in Struktur und Chemie und deren Klimarelevanz – Hikurangi Margin Neuseeland
- CHRIMP: Mechanism of formation of pockmarks at the southern Chatham Rise and their influences on gashydrate stability, benthic habitat and climate
Projects funded by the EU:
- ECO2 WP1: Sub-seabed CO2 storage: impact on marine ecosystems
Excellence Cluster Future Ocean:
- ICEFLOW ACTIVITY: Iceflow Activity Revealed From Submarine Morphology - mapping glacial-morphological manifestations of a retreating ice-front.
Project in the framework of the research cooperation TRIAS between Thailand and Germany (Tracing Tsunami impacts on- and offshore in the Andaman Sea Region).
- MASS-Andaman-Sea : Morphodynamics and Slope Stability of the Andaman Sea Shelf Break