Dynamics of the Ocean Floor
MuHS Seminar Series
MuHS Seminars are being held in the old SFB seminar room (building 8A, room 208) every Thursday. The talks start at 11:00 am with either one full presentation of (max.) 30 minutes or two short presentations of 10-15 minutes each followed by an open discussion. Changes to time and/or place will be announced by email.
The next seminar dates, speakers and topics:
- 30.03.2017: Benjamin Wheeler (IPGP/GEOMAR), "Geological context and temperature variation of diffuse exit fluids at the Lucky Strike hydrothermal field, Mid-Atlantic ridge"
- 06.04.2017: Nico Augustin, tba, Karen Strehlow, "ESKP - Earth System Knowledge Platform" and a general discussion on the Social Media activities of MuHS
- 13.04.2017: Easter Break for the seminar
- 20.04.2017: Easter Break for the seminar
- 27.04.2017: Dominik Pałgan, "Volcanism and hydrothermalism on the hot-spot influenced Reykjanes Ridge and Reykjanes Peninsula"
- 04.05.2017: Anne-Cathrin Wölfl, "The AtlantOS Project - Integration and visualisation of bathymetric data holdings"
For further details or to submit your expression of interest to present a seminar talk, please contact Dr. Philipp Brandl.