ERASMUS-guidelines and suitable Modules
GEOMAR and the Christian-Albrechts-University, Kiel (CAU) offer within the framework of ERASMUS+ for a limited number of students possibilities to participate in modules of M.Sc. Biological Oceanography.
All interested future ERASMUS+ students, together with their ERASMUS+ supervisor at the sending (home) university, first have to contact the international center of the Christian-Albrechts-University (CAU), Kiel then GEOMAR at least six months in advance of the planned ERASMUS+ placement semester(s).
This is indispensable finding the best courses, to make sure that chosen courses will be given in the semester planned, that there are free capacities and to prevent "sudden" cancellations of courses due to e.g. possible change of staff, research sabbatical, parental leave etc. resulting in missing credits during your placement.
How to participate in M.Sc. Biological Oceanography courses within the ERASMUS+ framework?
To participate in M.Sc. Biological Oceanography courses within the ERASMUS+ framework follow the steps below:
- Look for courses of interest
- Talk to your local ERASMUS+ representative
- Fill out the ERASMUS+ learning agreement
- Contact the CAU ERASMUS+ representative (also concerning housing etc.)
- Contact GEOMAR with the result of 1. to 4.
- Adjust the ERASMUS+ learning agreement as suggested by the GEOMAR and CAU ERASMUS+ representatives
- Sign the adjusted the ERASMUS+ learning agreement (also by your local ERASMUS+ representative)
- Send the signed the ERASMUS+ learning agreement to GEOMAR and CAU to have it signed.
- Plan your stay in Kiel thoroughly after receiving the all-parties-signed ERASMUS+ learning agreement
Welcome to Kiel
Only performing this procedure will give you the opportunity to take part in our courses.