Teaching in summer semester 2021 still is strongly affected by Corona pandemic. Please see "Corona pandemic: Restriction of campus operations...."
Lecture period: 06.04.2021 to 09.07.2021
First exam period summer semester: 02.08. - 21.08.2021
Second exam period summer semester: 04.10. - 23.10.2021
Complete schedule: see below
- Examination registration: You register for the examinations that you would like to take in the next examination period or that are assigned to the next examination period (s.b. Examination Organisation Online (CAU)). In case of registration problems contact the Examination Office Biology.
During the registration period for the 1st examination period please register for all the written or oral examinations you would like to take in the 1st examination period (or around and assigned to the 1st examination period), but also for the examinations that you have already taken or started (e.g. seminar papers) during the lecture period (including before the registration period), as well as for examinations (e.g. assignments) that are to be taken during the lecture-free period.
Note: For examinations taken before the registration period, examination attendance is considered as binding registration. You must also register for these examinations during the registration period, however, so that your academic achievements can be recorded in the system at a later stage.
- Checking admission: Two days before the start of the examination period, you check whether you have been granted admission to the examinations you have registered for.
- Examination attendance: You take the examinations during the examination period.
- Checking results: You check the results entered by the examiners.
Access to the online tool in the CAU-Portal: http://www.uni-kiel.de/hisinone
The online tool has the following functions:
- Registering for examinations / Cancelling registrations
- Information on registered examinations (checking admissions. Information on examination dates, times and rooms)
- Information on examination results
Notes on how to use the online tool can be found here:
- Instructions for using the Studierenden-Online-Funktion online tool Instructions (PDF file) (Sorry, unfortunately not yet available in English)
- Frequently asked questions on examination procedures FAQ on examination procedures
You need your stu-ID to use the Studierenden-Online-Funktion online tool. Detailed information on the stu-ID and stu-e-mail address can be found at the Computing Centre StudiNet.
If you have questions about the examination administration procedures in general (registration periods, examination periods, etc.) you may find answers in the Examination procedures section. If you are still unclear about anything you can contact the Examination Office Biology at any time.
Keep in mind - it's your responsibility not to miss any fixed dates and/or deadlines.
Practical courses, practical exercises and some seminars have compulsory attendance (FPO).
Make sure that you sign the attendance list every course day!
Framework of courses:
- All of the five first semester modules are compulsory.
- Passed exams of the core modules of the first semester (MNF-bioc-101 and MNF-bioc-102) are the indispensable prerequisite for the core module of the second semester in summer (e.g. MNF-bioc-201 and MNF-bioc-202).
- Passed exams of ALL compulsory modules of first and second semester are theindispensable prerequisite for the core module of the third semester in winter (MNF-bioc-301).
- A short presentation of your planned master's thesis ("proposal day") and a passed exam at the end of MNF-bioc-301 is the prerequisite to register your thesis (MNF-bioc-401) at the examination office.
For details concerning exams, prerequisites etc. look at the exam regulations in Biological Oceanography (p. 10-13).
Forms concerning exam withdrawal for good cause, medical certificate etc. (forms).
General regulations concerning examinations can be found here.
Considerations concerning using first or second exam phase (CAU).
Exams are generally scheduled only for the semester where the modules are taught.
- There are no exams for winter semester modules MNF-bioc-1xx and MNF-bioc-3xx in summer semester.
- There are no exams for summer semester modules MNF-bioc-2xx in winter semester.
Examination Schedule (lecturers and students tasks (link to CAU))
General: Courses (lectures, seminars, practicals etc.) summer semester 2021
MSc. Biological Oceanography - second semester - lecture plan summer semester 2021 (click on "Stundenplan" for a complete time table). As all the six different possible practical parts of MNF-bioc-202 are shown it looks heavily loaded - but you have to choose only two non overlapping parts.
Details: More detailed information concerning single courses and modules can be found on OLAT in general or via our module list, with links to the resp. module information on OLAT.
As you can take many optional modules outside of our curriculum (CAU-wide choices) these are not included in the example lists and timetables.
Block courses in summer:
- MNF-bioc-233 (R. Hanel, Korsika): 24.07. - 08.08. (preliminary dates)
- MNF-bioc-280 (K. Heubel, FTZ): 23.08. - 29.08.
- MNF-bioc-267 (F. Melzner, Kiel/Sylt): 30.08.-10.09.
- MNF-bioc-301 (F. Mittermayer, ALKOR cruise MNF-bioc-301): 31.08 - 11.09.
- MNF-bioc-271 (B. Schneider, Kiel): 06.09. - 10.09.
- MNF-bioc-264 (S. Garthe, Büsum): 06.09. - 11-.09.
- MNF-bioc-279 (M. Perner, Kiel): 13.09. - 30.09.
- MNF-bioc-202 (U. Riebesell, Gran Canaria): 01.09. – first week October
- For optional modules within Biological Oceanography look at the module list.
- For a selection of courses outside of our curriculum look here (optional courses outside of Biological Oceanography).
|UnivIS ist ein Produkt der Config eG, Röttenbach|