Lecture period: 02.11.2020 to 26.02.2021 (with 05.10. - 24.10. for second exam phase summer semester resp. 15.02.-27.02.2021 for first exam phase winter semester).
Without courses/classes: December 21, 2020 to January 01, 2021
Start of first exam registration period: will be annouced as soon as available
End of first exam registration period: will be annouced as soon as available
First exam period winter semester: 15.02. - 27.02.2021
Second exam period winter semester: will be annouced as soon as available
Keep in mind - it's your responsibility not to miss any fixed dates and/or deadlines.
Practical courses, practical exercises and some seminars have compulsory attendance (FPO § 10).
Make sure that you sign the attendance list every course day!
Framework of courses:
- All of the five first semester modules are compulsory.
- Passed exams of the core modules of the first semester (MNF-bioc-101 and MNF-bioc-102) are the indispensable prerequisite for the core module of the second semester in summer (e.g. MNF-bioc-201 and MNF-bioc-202).
- Passed exams of ALL compulsory modules of first and second semester are theindispensable prerequisite for the core module of the third semester in winter (MNF-bioc-301).
- A short presentation of your planned master's thesis ("proposal day") and a passed exam at the end of MNF-bioc-301 is the prerequisite to register your thesis (MNF-bioc-401) at the examination office.
For details concerning prerequisites look at the exam regulations in Biological Oceanography (p. 8-11).
Forms concerning exam withdrawal for good cause, medical certificate etc. (forms).
General regulations concerning examinations can be found here.
Considerations concerning using first or second exam phase (CAU).
Exams are generally scheduled only for the semester where the modules are taught.
- There are no exams for winter semester modules MNF-bioc-1xx and MNF-bioc-3xx in summer semester.
- There are no exams for summer semester modules MNF-bioc-2xx in winter semester.
Examination Schedule (lecturers and students tasks (link to CAU))
- Winter term 2020/2021: will be annouced as soon as available