- since Sept. 2019: Helmholtz Information & Data Science Academy (HIDA) Liaison GEOMAR
- since May 2019: Scientific Coordinator "MarDATA"
- Sept. 2016 - April 2019: Scientific Coordinator "Ocean Recovery"
- July 2015 - June 2015: Scientific Coordinator "Integrated School of Ocean Sciences (Cluster of Excellence "The Future Ocean")
- 01. Feb. 2013: Defense of the doctoral dissertation (completion of the Dr. rer. nat.)
- July 2012 - June 2015: scientist
- Sept. 2008 - Feb. 2013: Ph. D. student, Evolutionary Ecology of Marine Fishes (GEOMAR)
- 2007 - 2008: Diploma Thesis, Fisheries Biology Department (GEOMAR)
- 2006: Syddansk Universitet, Odense, Denmark
- 2005 - 2006: participant in the international study program "Biological Oceanography"
- 2003 - 2008: graduate studies (Biological Oceanography, Zoology, Ecosystem Theories), Christian-Albrechts Universität, Kiel
- 2001 - 2003: undergraduate studies (Biology), ChristianAlbrechts Universität, Kiel
- Prigge E, Marohn L, Oeberst R, Hanel R (2012)Model predictions vs. reality – Validation of the German management plan silver eel (Anguilla anguilla) escapement model. 6th World Fisheries Congress. 07th - 11th May 2012, Edinburgh, Scotland (Poster)
- Prigge E, Marohn L, Hanel R (2011) Tracking migration routes of formerly stocked European eels (Anguilla anguilla) in the Baltic Sea. 141st Annual Meeting of the American Fisheries Society. 04th - 08th September 2011, Seattle, USA
- Prigge, E (2011) Gefahren für den Aal - Sterblichkeitsfaktoren in Binnengewässern. Public symposium "Der Aal - Ein Meeresürger stirbt aus" at Multimar Wattforum. 08th June 2011, Tönning, Germany
- Prigge E, Marohn L, Hanel R (2010) Lost in Migration? - Preliminary results of tracking migration routes of European eel (Anguilla anguilla) in the Baltic Sea. 1st PhD students conference. 04th - 06th October 2010, Hamburg, Germany (Poster)
Scientific Coordinator MarDATA | Helmholtz School for Marine Data Science
Research Division 1: Ocean Circulation and Climate Dynamics
Room: DW 026
Phone: +49-431 600 4122
GEOMAR | Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel
Düsternbrooker Weg 20
The “Helmholtz School for Marine Data Science” (MarDATA) will define and educate a new type of “marine data scientist” by introducing and incorporating researchers from computer sciences and mathematics into ocean sciences, who will cover a broad range of expertise from supercomputing and modelling, (bio)informatics, robotics to statistics and big data methodologies. Researchers from Germany’s leading institutes for marine research, GEOMAR and AWI, will join forces with information & data science specialists from their respective partner universities in Kiel and Bremen to educate and supervise doctoral candidates in this endeavour. The education in joint block courses, international summer schools and colloquia will go beyond a single discipline towards genuine scientific insight into and create a more comprehensive treatment of marine data.
- Dierking J, Phelps L, Præbel K, Ramm G, Prigge E, Borcherding J, Brunke M, Eizagirre C (2014) Anthropogenic hybridization between endangered migratory and commercially harvested stationary whitefish taxa ( Coregonus spp.). Evolutionary Applications (early view)
- Marohn L, Prigge E, Hanel R (2014) Introduced American eels Anguilla rostrata in European waters: life-history traits in a non-native environment. Journal of Fish Biology 84 (6):1740-1747
- Baltazar-Soares M, Biastoch A, Harrod C, Hanel R, Marohn L, Prigge E, Evans D, Bodles K, Behrens E, Böning CW, Eizaguirre C (2014) Recruitment collapse and population structure of the European eel shaped by local ocean current dynamics.
Current biology 24:104-108
- Marohn L, Prigge E, Hanel R (2014) Escapement success of silver eels from a German river system is low compared to management-based estimates. Freshwater Biology 59 (1):64-72
- Prigge E, Marohn L, Oeberst R, Hanel R (2013) Model prediction vs. reality - testing the predictions of a European eel (Anguilla anguilla) stock dynamics model against the in situ observation of silver eel escapement in compliance with the European eel regulation. ICES Journal of Marine Science 70 (2):309-318
- Prigge E, Marohn L, Hanel R (2013) Tracking the migratory success of stocked European eels Anguilla anguilla in the Baltic Sea. Journal of Fish Biology 82 (2):686-699
- Prigge E, Malzahn A, Zumholz K, Hanel R (2012) Dietary effects on fatty acid composition in muscle tissue of juvenile European eel, Anguilla anguilla (L.). Helgoland Marine Research 66 (1):51-61
- Marohn L, Prigge E, Zumholz K, Klugel A, Anders H, Hanel R (2009) Dietary effects on multi-element composition of European eel (Anguilla anguilla) otoliths. Marine Biology 156 (5):927-933