Projects Submersible JAGO
International research activities with more than 1400 dives in North- and Baltic Sea, North- and South Atlantic, West- and South Pacific, Mediterranean, Indian Ocean, Red and Black Sea, numerous fresh water lakes.
JAGO is used worldwide by scientists and engineers of different fields like marine biology, microbiology, biogeochemistry, geology, and palaeo-oceanography.
Please, address requests for usage to khissmann(at)geomar.de
04.02. - 19.02.2020 Mediterranean / Aeolian Islands, Catania (Sicily) - La Seyne sur mer (France)
- R/V ALKOR (AL533) JAGO-AUV-FieldTrials
- Chief scientist: Karen Hissmann, GEOMAR Kiel
- Location: Aeolian Islands, Vulcano, Stromboli
- Objectives: Mutuel field trials, pilot and operational training of two autonomous underwater vehicles at GEOMAR - the manned research submersible JAGO and the two Hover-AUVs ANTON und LUISE (type Girona500) - under offshore conditions and in underwater terrain with structural complexity, to water depths of 500 meter
30.05. - 02.07.2020 Western Indian Ocean, Port Louis/Mauritius - Durban/South Africa
- R/V SONNE (SO275) COWIO
- Chief Scientist: Dierk Hebbeln, MARUM Bremen
- Location: Western Indian Ocean, East African continental margin
- Objectives: Geological, biological and oceanographic investigations on deep-water corals (cold-water-corals) and their distribution, appearance and biodiversity in the Western Indian Ocean along the East African continental margin
25.08. - 27.09.2020 Madeira (Portugal), Cadiz (Spain) - Catania (Sicily)
- R/V METEOR (M166) "Jellyweb Madeira"
- Chief Scientist: Jan Dierking, GEOMAR Kiel
- Location: inshore waters of the Macaronian Island Madeira
- Objectives: Functional role of the gelatinous macrozooplankton in pelagic oceanic food webs (Northern Atlantic Ocean)