|CACTI||Committee||Collaboration and Coordination||CACTI Workshop 2023|
Transfer to the GEOMAR East Shore Campus
The CACTI workshop takes place at the GEOMAR east shore campus located at the former fish market at the opening of the Schwentine river (see red point on Fig.1). The address is
You can check your connection to the GEOMAR East Shore campus here.
Once you have reached Kiel (see for transfer from Hamburg to Kiel further below), you can use either the bus or the ferry for the transfer to the GEOMAR East Shore Campus. We can recommend you to use the ferry from the West Shore, where your accomodation is probably located.
- Transfer by ferry from Reventloubrücke:
The "Schwentinelinie F2" operates between "Reventloubrücke" on the West Shore and "Wellingdorf" on the East Shore (close to GEOMAR East Shore Campus). Please see the departure point at Reventloubrücke (Fig. 2) and the route from the ferry stop "Wellingdorf" to the GEOMAR East Shore Campus (Fig. 4). You can find departure times in the timetable below. You can buy your ticket on board of the ferry. There is a machine for cashless payment. The ferry "F2" does not operate on the weekend and on holidays.
- Transfer by bus from Kiel central station:
Various bus lines operate between the Kiel central train station and Seefischmarkt (11, 14, 60S, 200, 210). Please note the bus departure area to GEOMAR East Shore campus (Fig.3). Also, note the route from the bus stop at Seefischmarkt to the GEOMAR East Shore Campus on the map (Fig.4). You get bus tickets with cash from the bus driver.
Transfer Hamburg - Kiel
From Hamburg Airport
- Hamburg Airport Bus Kielius: The bus operates between Hamburg Airport and Kiel central train station.
- Shared Taxis (Airsportservice) offered by Vineta: From/To a single destination in Kiel the prices are 99€ for 1-3 persons and 105€ for 4-8 persons. The prices increase as the number of destinations in Kiel increase (depends on the distance).
- Flixbus: The bus operates between Hamburg Airport and Kiel central train station.