Most Recent News
We moved the library to our new building! The new address:
Wischhofstr. 1-3, Bldg. 5
The telephone numbers and the personal email addresses remain the same.
The new email address for the library is now: bibliothek(at)geomar.de!
The GEOMAR Library signed a Read & Publish Agreement between HGF and the American Chemical Society (ACS).
All GEOMAR staff can now read ACS publications for free.
As a corresponding author from GEOMAR you can choose to publish open access without paying for it (the costs are covered by the library).
What you need to do is:
- Use a GEOMAR email extension address and select GEOMAR as your affiliation (drop-down box)
- Confirm that the institutional affiliation stated in the body of the manuscript is the corresponding author’s affiliation.
Once your article is accepted you will need to go through the Journal Publish Agreement to publish open access. Select “Yes I wish to publish Open Access” and complete the JPA signing process.
The Library will be notified of your funding request and you will receive confirmation once the request has been approved.
New GEOMAR Open Access Publication Fund set up!
We are pleased to inform you that the GEOMAR Library has been successful in acquiring funding to support Open Access publications for the period 2022-2024 as part of the DFG funding program "Open Access Publikationskosten".
Together with additional funding from GEOMAR and the GEOMAR Library GEOMAR corresponding authors are offered financial support for quality-assured Open Access publications.
Starting with invoices dated 2022, GEOMAR corresponding authors can apply for financial support for open access publishing.
Detailed information on the Open Access Publication fund and other publication charges can be found on the intranet:
- GLORIA GEOMAR Search Engine (GEOMAR Library Ocean Research Information Access)
- Online Catalogue (OPAC) + Borrowers´account of the GEOMAR Library
- Online Journals (EZB) of the GEOMAR Library - partly Full Text!
- OceanRep (Repository)
- Web of Science
- JCR (Journal Citation Report / Impact Factor)
- Database informationsystem (DBIS)
- ODIS ("Catalgue of Sources" by IOC)
- FishBase (a global information system with all you ever wanted to know about fishes)
- Ovid...and other important databases
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- GEOMAR Research data