- How can I extend my search space?
- Which topics are set by default in GLORIA?
- How to display the newest articles of a topic?
- How to display all journals providing a RSS feed?
- What examples of RSS feeds exist to stay with GLORIA up-to-date?
How can I extend my search space?
Extend your search for journals and articles
We can offer online access to back files of journals for all subjects through the DFG National Licences. This includes search for articles from these journals.
The predefined a start-set in GLORIA includes subject areas like geosciences, geography, natural sciences general, energy, forestry /agriculture. But you can extend this set easily with subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics or economics.
- Go to Settings
- Choose further subjects
- Click SAVE.
All subsequent searches in your session are now based on this selection.
If you want to use this collection whenever you use GLORIA, just click on PERMALINK and add this to your bookmark list.
The following tutorial might help:
Which topics are set by default in GLORIA?
- Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Fishery, Domestic Science, Nutrition
- Architecture, Civil Engineering, Surveying
- Chemistry and Pharmacology
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering, Measurement and Control Technology
- Energy, Environment Protection, Nuclear Power Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Production Engineering, Mining and Metallurgy, Traffic Engineering, Precision Mechanics
- Natural Sciences in General
- Nature of Science, Research, Systems of Higher Education, Museum Science
How to display the newest articles of a topic?
Next to information about available journals, GLORIA additionally comprises the newest articles of them, as far as they are currently licensed as full text and a RSS feed is provided by the publisher. Nowadays, most publishers are offering RSS feeds.
To obtain the newest articles of a topic, perform a search query in GLORIA first:
- Reduce the results to the search space ‘Articles’
- To ‘Latest Papers from Table of Contents’ or ‘Articles in Press’
- Sort the result ‘Date descending’ to display the articles by day in this search space.
You can now file to this constellation a steady Permalink as a bookmark and visit this page from time to time to obtain the newest articles of search query specified.
Another possibility is to subscribe to this search query with a RSS feed. You will stay up-to-date with the newest articles of your interest in your RSS reader (like Thunderbird).
Please notice that you can set up the number of articles as RSS per delivery (Maximum Number of Items per Feed). Default are 50 articles per delivery.
How to display all journals providing a RSS feed?
Use search request: [journal_feed_id:*]: http://geomar-search.kobv.de/simpleSearch.do?lang=en&plv=2&hitsPerPage=&query=journal_feed_id%3A*&formsearch=%E2%9C%93
This feature depends on the selected topics. (s.a. Topics by default).
What examples of RSS feeds exist to stay with GLORIA up-to-date?
1. Search query:
- climat* change
- Short URL: http://tinyurl.com/GLORIA-climate-change
- URL: http://geomar-search.kobv.de/feed.do?feedFormat=rss_2.0&feedType=simple_search&query=climat*+change&numItems=100&fq=datasource:rss_feeds&fq=search_space:articles
- seism* OR earthq* AND Japan
- Short URL: http://tinyurl.com/GLORIA-earthq-Japan
2. Selection of journals:
- Tectonophysics, Journal of Seismology, Geophysical Journal International, Tectonics, Nature Geoscience, Solid Earth
- Short URL: http://tinyurl.com/GLORIA-tect-journals
- URL: http://geomar-search.kobv.de/feed.do?query=feed_id:(566+OR+567+OR+496+OR+120+OR+266+OR+22+OR+80)&numItems=100&feedType=journal_watchlist&feedFormat=rss_2.0
- all AGU journals
- Short URL: http://tinyurl.com/GLORIA-AGU-journals
- URL: http://geomar-search.kobv.de/feed.do?query=feed_id:(254+OR+264+OR+267+OR+1897+OR+262+OR+691+OR+257+OR+266+OR+263+OR+471+OR+258+OR+259+OR+253+OR+261+OR+260+OR+256+OR+255+OR+265+OR+972)&numItems=100&feedType=journal_watchlist&feedFormat=rss_2.0