CONNECT - Hospitation Program
An offer for Postdocs and Associated Researchers at GEOMAR
Connect provides the opportunity for an internship in a private or public sector company or organization, including NGOs and ministries. Internships in Germany, ideally in Northern Germany, will be supported. (Universities and public research institutions are excluded from this program.)
Who can participate?
- GEOMAR postdocs and associated researchers in temporary employment with a contract of at least 6 months
- The internship can only be carried out during the period of employment at GEOMAR or in the gap-free continuation of the last contract.
What are the benefits of doing a hospitation?
- You will get insight into non-academic working areas
- You can establish contacts with interesting employers and colleagues
- You can expand your network
- You will get new perspectives on your career opportunities
For how long will I be on hospitation?
Your internship can last 1–2 months, but must be completed by the end of March 2024.
How can I find an organization?
- Do your own research
- Use your network and those of your colleagues and friends
- Join our Connect:ting events
Who pays for this?
You will continue receiving your normal GEOMAR salary during the hospitation period. Your contract will be extended by the length of the hospitation. In justified cases, limited financial support for travel and accommodation can be granted.
What do I need to be awarded financial support?
- Talk to your PACT Career Center to find out if you are eligible for an intership
- Find your organization/company
- Talk to your line manager about your plans, and discuss a suitable time frame to arrange for you both. Your Career Center will be happy to assist!
- Apply for funding at the PACT Career Center (Please send the application form and your CV to pact(at)geomar.de.)
- Deadline for the next round: December 15, 2023
- A committee at GEOMAR will decide on your application
Do I have any other commitments?
If you do an internship as part of the CONNECT Hospitation Program, you are required to write a short report about it and give a short presentation about your experience at the PACT Lunch.